Himalayan Lokta Paper Origami Butterfly Eco-garland
We have run out of stock for this item.
This beautiful and festive eco-garland is made from the bark of sustainably harvested Himalayan Lokta shrub that grow in the remote highlands of Nepal.
Lokta regenerates after every cutting, thus providing a sustainable source of income for rural people while preserving the fragile mountain ecology.
Skilled artisans use traditional paper making techniques to create this garland using traditional dying and screen printing techniques.
Sales benefit several community schools managed by the producers in Nepal.
Alternating origami butterflies made with playful silkscreen artwork create a vibrant decoration for birthday parties: garden themed parties, green festivals, fairy parties, nature themed parties, weddings, graduation and baby showers.
Packaged with an info card at the back that shows how the unfurled garland looks.
Fair Trade Home & Garden is exclusively designed by dZi Handmade, member Fair Trade Federation. Hangs 5'h. 3"h x 5'l.
In accordance with the FTF’s 9 Fair Trade Principles, dZi Handmade is committed to:
• Creating opportunities for economically and socially marginalized producers
• Developing transparent and accountable relationships
• Building capacity
• Promoting fair trade
• Paying promptly and fairly
• Supporting safe and empowering working conditions
• Ensuring the rights of children
• Cultivating environmental stewardship
• Respecting cultural identity