Ice Pack | Navy Pocket with Ice pack insert| Made from Recycled Plastic Bottles-by U Konserve
Why We Love It
This Ice Pack is made from recycled bottles and comes with an ice pack insert that is reusable. I went with stocking the U Konserve Lunchbag, as opposed to Omiebox Lunchbag (though I do love the colors), so that my husband and daughters can all use it! The color is unisex and great for all ages. I compared the weight of this lunch bag and the Omiebox lunchbag and this one is slightly lighter and seem a little roomier. I especially love the inside pocket where you can up an ice pack (also available here).
About this product
Every piece of plastic ever produced still exists. Awareness is growing and consumers are taking steps to reduce single-use, but there’s still a staggering amount of plastic in the waste stream—and we're repurposing that plastic into reusable ice packs.
Features & details
- Ice Pack Benefits: Moisture-resistant cover made from recycled plastic bottles. Cover is machine washable/air dry.
- Reusable and Waste Free: Sustainable, durable and long-lasting ice pack helps keep food, drinks and other items cold for hours.
- Functional and Practical: Ideal for school lunch bags, keeping baby bottles cold, and handy for boo boos. Pop in the freezer (with cover on), place in your lunchbox, and ice pack will keep your lunch cold for hours.
- Responsible and Mission Driven: U-Konserve is a Certified B Corporation, member of 1% for the Planet, and is committed to reduce waste, inspire stewardship, and operate with integrity and responsibility.
- Non-toxic and Safe: High-quality, non-leaching materials tested by CPSIA-accredited independent labs to ensure that they are free of BPA, BPS, phthalates and lead. Cover recycled PET #1 plastic. Gel pack non-toxic sodium polymer.
About U Konserve
Long before zero-waste living was making headlines, U-Konserve was creating products to help people live a waste-free lifestyle. The company was founded by two friends who believed that small changes can have a huge impact on the global movement to protect our planet. After the birth of her daughter, Chance Claxton became increasingly concerned about the environment and wanted to make it easy for parents to reduce the plastic baggies, juice boxes and packaged foods piling up in landfills. In 2008 the founders created the first zero-waste lunch kit for elementary schools, and the new venture was born. The innovative lunch kits spurred an entirely new lifestyle for thousands of families looking to tread lightly on the planet. What started as a resource for school children quickly became a full line of zero-waste food-storage essentials for the whole family to use at home and on the go. After more than a decade of growth and transition, the same goals still guide the company today. As a Certified B Corporation, the company is using business for good by creating a positive impact for employees, communities and the environment. The initial mission to protect the planet has grown into a lifestyle of reusing more, wasting less, and raising awareness about the exciting and growing movement to reduce single-use plastic. U-Konserve merged last year with EcoVessel and gives 1% for the Planet for all its proceeds.