WHY WE LOVE THEM!
So very tasty! My favorite fish from Matiz at the moment I would say it has even more complex and umami flavor than the tuna and sardines.
ABOUT MATIZ ESPANA
Matiz España specializes in locating and importing specialty gourmet food products from the bountiful land of Spain. They are proud to work exclusively with traditional family manufacturers who take personal satisfaction in creating only the highest quality all natural products.
Matiz España is also a "division" of Culinary Collective, a small company dedicated to supporting the preservation of traditional foods and local food systems worldwide. They do this by supplying U.S. food lovers with gourmet cultural foods that are all natural, fairly sourced, and delicious!
We became a B Corp because we believe that a truly responsible business serves itself, its employees, its stakeholders, and society's best interests by promoting social equity, environmental restoration, and sustainable economic development
ABOUT MATIZ MACKEREL
Experience the Bold, Fresh Flavor of Wild-Caught Matiz Mackerel
Spain is a treasure-trove of delicious meals and unique flavors, but one of our most versatile and exciting additions are Matiz Mackerel.
Wild-caught in the waters of the Atlantic, Pacific, and the Mediterranean Sea and hand packed in Galicia in northern Spain, Matiz Mackerel is a rich, fatty fish with a firm yet tender texture and mild, buttery flavor.
Ttheir Mackerel is prepared simply and elegantly with organic Spanish olive oil and a touch of sea salt. Matiz selects the highest quality of mackerel from Galicia where it's known for its exceptional seafood.
The fish is perfect for tossing with pasta or simply eating right out of the tin.
The mackerel is boneless and skinless, with plump tender fillets in a high-quality organic virgin olive oil. This fish is milder in flavor than sardines, and is fantastic as a quick lunch.
Lay them in a French roll with sliced avocado and lemon. Top with a smear of garlicky ali-oli. Eat them over rice, a splash of your favorite hot sauce on top or hot chilis.
- Certified Organic
- Packed by Hand to Ensure Freshness
- Gluten Free and Non-GMO – Backed by purity and freshness you can trust, carefully pack each can to ensure they arrive ready to eat and free of additives.
- Wild-Caught Natural Artisan Mackerel – Sustainably harvested off the coast of Spain and packed in high-quality olive oil our sardine fillets offer rich, natural bold flavors.
- Exceptional Taste and Texture – Our fish give an authentic canned experience making them a more enjoyable meal or snack.
- Protein-Rich Snack – These wild caught mackerel are packed with proteins, vitamins, Omega 3 fish oils, and other essential ingredients that support your daily diet.
- Versatile Meal Addition – Enjoy them fresh out of the can or add them to tapas, tossed veggies, pasta, or with a touch of lemon to create an original flavor blend.